Energy and natural resources
Ask for advice
of our civil law lawyers for all types of procedures in Madrid: drafting of documents, claim for unpaid payments, compensation, evictions, contracts and other legal matters.
Electricity and renewables
The energy and natural resources department includes advice relating to the regulated sectors concerning electricity, renewable energies, and fossil fuels. These energy sector activities constitute the core of the firm’s activity in this area. In addition, the firm has substantial experience in the oil and gas sector in Equatorial Guinea and Latin America. Among others, the following services are provided:
Participation in renewable auctions
Third Party Access disputes before the CNMC
Construction contracts (EPC). Operation and maintenance (O&M) contracts.
Incorporation of electricity commercialization companies
Electricity and renewables department
Renewable projects (wind and photovoltaic) relating to administrative, environmental and activity licences.
Access point acquisition
Access point acquisition to the electricity transmission and distribution grid and technical access contracts (TACs). Provision of guarantees for the granting of the connection points.
Lease and surface contracts.
Advice on the urban compatibility of the land with the purported industrial renewable activity.
Project development contracts
Construction contracts (EPC). Operation and maintenance (O&M) contracts. Financing contracts. Project sale and purchase contracts. Contracts for direct and indirect representation of agents in the wholesale electricity market. Power purchase agreements (PPA).
- Certificates of origin.
- Participation in renewable auctions and provision of guarantees.
- Supply contracts for B2B, B2C customers and large consumers.
- Advice to producers on matters relating to self-consumption, energy efficiency, distributed generation and capacity payments.
- Third Party Access disputes before the CNMC.
- Electricity system charges and tolls. Advice relating to recharging and tariffs for electric vehicles.
Natural resources, natural gas and oil
- Natural gas. Advice on the negotiation of natural gas purchase and sale contracts including take-or-pay and tolling contracts.
- Storage and regasification contracts and LNG bunkering contracts.
- Network access contracts and third-party access disputes.
- Gas tariffs and tolls and appeal proceedings against their enactment.
- Incorporation of natural gas trading companies and registration of operators with Mibgas.
- Contracts for the acquisition and operation of gas stations.
- Regulatory regime for green hydrogen.
- Petroleum: Downsteam; Contracts for the sale of petroleum and other liquids (fuel oil, gas oil) to wholesalers. Legal regime for the import of refined products and their storage in customs and bonded warehouses.
- Third party access contracts relating to oil premises. Advice relating to dealings with the System Operator (Cores) and maintenance of compulsory strategic reserves.
- Acquisition of assets: service stations, storage and refining assets.
- Upstream, Production Sharing Contracts (PSC). Joint Operating Agreements (JOA) and advice on relationship with NOCs and carried interests.
- Obtaining authorisations and licenses for exploration, development, and production of hydrocarbons.